While executing the Upgrade Wizard (X version to Y), it goes fine till all steps and stuck on the last step, where basically it tries to delete temp files and copy new files. The wizard stucks here for hours until we close the browser. Checked in Upgrade logs, its says access to the BIN folder is denied. But I have given IIS_IUSRS and NETWORK SERVICES full access rights as suggested in the upgrade guides.
- Upgrade process doesn’t have full rights to the folders which need to be updated i.e. bin.
- Or the files are in read only mode hence the process can’t overwrite those files.
- Please make sure that that IUSR and NETWORK SERVICE have the full access to the website folder and its subfolders.
- Your application pool identity (NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM) needs to have access to the website folder and its subfolders.
- The same website folder must be used by only 1 Sitecore site, i.e.: The maximum worker processes must be set to 1 for your application pool. Only 1 IIS site uses 1 website folder.
- Make sure files in your bin and include folder are not read only.
- Run the upgrade once more.
If it fails, you may manually upgrade the file system by following these steps:
- Stop the site in the IIS.
- Run the process.bat file from the latest folder in the website\temp\__upgradehistory folder.
- Run the site in the IIS.
Hope it helps.