As the first step let’s download all the files/packages which will be needed during the installation process.
Login to dev.sitecore.net with your credentials and click on Download button under Sitecore Experience Platform 9. Create a folder on any of your local drives where you want to store all the related files, it will be like repository for all the SC9 related artifacts. In my case it is D:\Sitecore9\SC9Install.
Note: As you might know that if you are a certified Sitecore developer than only you will be able to download stuff from this site else you need to be certified first. Also if you are certified and still not able to download stuff, I would recommend you to get it touch with Sitecore support team or drop and email to firstname.lastname@example.org and explain your problem with screen shot (preferred).
1. Download the Sitecore Installation Framework Module and Sitecore Fundamental Modules
2. Download Package for XP Single as we are installing XP 9 for developer as a Single Instance Configuration in On Premises mode
3. Download the Installation Guide for XP9
4. Extract the Sitecore 9.0.0 rev. 171002 (WDP XP0 packages).zip. This zip file contains three another zip files
- Sitecore 9.0.0 rev. 171002 (OnPrem)_single.scwdp.zip
- Sitecore 9.0.0 rev. 171002 (OnPrem)_xp0xconnect.scwdp.zip
- XP0 Configuration files rev.171002.zip
5. Place the first two zip files as it is in the Sitecore repository folder which we created. Like for me it is D:\Sitecore9\SC9Install. Then extract the .zip in the same folder which contains 5 JSON files
6. Also place your license file in this folder. You will be ended up having a folder structure like this
We are all set with all the files and packages needed for the installation.